In progress Background for scene 3 of Teddy and the Bear
This whale is contemplating life, the universe and everything. What the fuck are you doing with your free time?
Here’s the final style sheet I submitted for my character design final. I got some good feedback and critique that suggested some ways to continue to improve upon her design so I’m gonna keep working on developing the character even though the class is over.
Quick sketch of Meg from Paperman. Okay back to work
A few facial expressions I did during early development of the character.
Here’s a sketchbook drawing I did of her. It’s a little cut off at the bottom because my scanner is small. Also her head is a little off model in this drawing, just a bit too big. But I really love how this one turned out.
Here’s a drawing of my character from a turn around for the same assignment. The turn around is still in progress.
Working on a character Maquette for my Character Design final. I don’t have a lot of experience with sculpting so this is quite the process for me.
40 minutes while watching Doctor Who. Nidoking is a baller and I’ve always wanted to have it on my team in the games, but I never have.
I really want to rent a cabin for a weekend on a lake or up at the St. Lawerence River.
I won’t bring any electronics. Just some notebooks, pens, pencils, sketchbooks, paint, canvas and I would just create. Nothing to distract me .I would write stories, paint, draw characters and sketch things around me. I wouldn’t have any stress or any purpose, just the freedom to create.
oh god i arted again. This time it looks like i puked up spider-man. I think i feel better now. got it out of my system
I got sick and arted all over this once nice white canvas. Still feel a little sick. Might art again…oh no
Some stuff to expect from me this summer.
So now that it’s summer and I have the free time to work on things I want to work on, I got a growing list of projects I’m gonna be working on. Here’s a few things you can expect to see.
- An experimental cut-out animation that I’ve started. I’d expect it probably by the end of the month. I’m gonna try and finish cutting things up this week and then next week start shooting.
- Character designs: I’m trying to improve my character design skills so I’m working on developing one or two characters and putting them in tons of poses and what not. Expect updates occasionally, basically whenever i scan them in.
- Concept Art for my Senior Thesis. The film is going to be a 2D buddy film about Teddy Roosevelt and a Bear. I have a ton of concept art of the bear already, so I might start uploading that, but don’t expect too much until July.
- Prints: I’d like to create a few prints to put online and sell, although I haven’t come up with anything at the moment. We’ll see what happens there.
- A Novel: So this one is kinda top secret, but I’ve been developing an idea for a book series since I was pretty much 10 and I think I’ve finally got all major details in order, so I’ve started writing. If all goes well I’d like to write at least a chapter a week, and get the beginning of the first book done before summer is over. I don’t know if I’ll post anything on here, but if people are genuinely interested I might post an except from a rough draft or something. We’ll see.
Whelp, that’s my summer plans, hopefully everything will come to fruition. I want this to be the most productive summer I’ve ever had. Send me some feedback about things you’re interested in or that you’d like to see.
Have a Good Summer